Role: Head Barista/Roastery Operations
Hours of Work: Full-Time, Tuesday - Saturday. (Tuesday - Thursday 9am - 5pm, Friday and Saturday 8am - 4pm).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: £20-24k, depending on experience
Location: The Fire & Flow Roastery, Cirencester, GL7
Intro to the role
We’re looking for a motivated and passionate team member to join us on our journey, in a dynamic full-time role. Based at our beautiful Cotswolds coffee roastery, you’ll be working partly as Head Barista, and partly in the operational running of our speciality coffee roastery.
This role is ideal for an experienced Barista looking to take the next step in their speciality coffee career, and begin to get involved with all aspects of running a coffee roastery.
It will also help if you bloody love coffee…
More about us
We’re a fast-growing speciality coffee roastery, based in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, just outside of Cirencester! We work closely with our countrywide partners, mainly independent coffee shops, to help them serve awesome coffee to their customers. This includes supporting them with coffee consultancy, education, barista training and equipment. We work closely with our sister company Born Wild Tea, as well as other strategic partners, to provide a full range of quality products to our customers.
2021 was an exciting year for us, with the launch of our new coffee roastery space, installation of our new 15kg Joper roaster, and multiple business recognitions, including winning Gloucestershire Live’s ‘Business Innovation Award’.
2022 promises to continue the excitement, with our plans to launch our roastery espresso bar, the continued growth of our wholesale partners, and the introduction of some exciting new coffees and other products….. and the hiring of amazing new team members of course!
Funnily enough, we’re passionate about roasting great coffee and we love being a part of the speciality coffee industry. We’re hoping to find someone who shares the same ethos as us, and who wants to play a part in the growth of our roastery going forward.
As Head Barista you will be responsible for
- Helping us to launch, promote and oversee the running of our roastery coffee shop - making sure that our customers are served a banging cup of coffee.
- Applying your sweet customer service skills to win customers over so they keep coming back for more coffee.
- You will be responsible for coordinating with vendors and ordering supplies for example, food items, milk, cups etc.
- Fulfilling cleaning schedule for the work area and ensuring the espresso bar is ready for operation the following day.
- Working towards key performance indicators, and promoting additional products to increase spend per transaction.
- Working with us to grow, train and manage a team of Baristas alongside the growth of the coffee shop.
- Involvement in roastery events and partner training.
As Roastery Operations you will be responsible for
Supporting the roastery team in all aspects of operations. This includes:
- Involvement in the roasting operations, including quality control and coffee sampling.
- Precisely labeling, weighing and packing wholesale and retail coffee and tea.
- Grinding coffee to order.
- Checking, preparing and fulfilling orders.
- Supporting management with stock takes and ordering.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment at all times and fulfilling the cleaning schedule for the work area.
The ideal coffee superstar should have
- Comprehensive Barista experience working in fast-paced coffee shop environments.
- The ability to dial in espresso, make banging filter coffees and the ability to pour consistent latte art.
- Be motivated, passionate about coffee, and of course, customer service oriented.
- A drive to grow your career in the speciality coffee industry, including showing interest in managing team members and projects.
- Willingness to be flexible and get stuck in helping other team members - we are a small, growing company and teamwork makes the dream work!
- The ability to work well both on your own, and as part of a small team.
- The ability to work quickly and calmly during busy periods.
- An understanding of the importance of attention to detail, ensuring all tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
What we can offer you
- The chance to work closely with our experienced and passionate team, who have years of experience in the speciality coffee industry.
- You will have the chance to advance your Barista skills, up to competition level if desired.
- The opportunity to advance your career within a growing and exciting coffee roastery.
- The opportunity to get involved with all aspects of running a speciality coffee roastery and improve your coffee knowledge.
- Team discounts on merch, beans, brewing equipment and all the coffee you could drink to get you through the day!
- Most importantly, you’ll have full access to licks from our roastery dog, Oscar.
How to apply
If we sound like people you’d like to work with and you like the look of the above role, we'd love to hear from you, so just drop us an email with your CV attached to email@example.com